Pinterest Button

06 January 2012

Welcome to Wayward Gypsy!

Starting next Monday, January 9, 2012, I will be posting a minimum of one crafted object a week on this blog.  There will likely be some talk and pictures over the next month or two about the business I'm trying to start, and the reorganization and purging of unnecessary craft stuff from my studio space, but there will be at LEAST one object created by my hands to share.

I am currently reading a book by Steven Pressfield called The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle.  I don't know if you know who Steven Pressfield is, but he's a HIGHLY successful author of fiction books - some of which have been turned into popular movies "The Legend of Bagger Vance," anyone?  Anyway, in his book, he talks about his theory of Resistance, where any person striving to be creative, start a business, or move to a higher moral station is constantly fighting against themselves to actually begin these ventures.  "The War of Art identifies the enemy that every one of us must face, outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just how to achieve the greatest success."  I'm not done with the book, but I can see myself so clearly in the words he's speaking that I know that it will help me.

I hope that you'll come back next week to see what I've created.  I'm off to begin my birthday celebratory weekend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me any thoughts, comments, questions or even complaints you may have. I am an open minded person, but if your comment is spam or intentionally hurtful it WILL be deleted.