Pinterest Button

18 November 2016

Paper Crafting Swappers November Cards

Since all of these have been received, I feel it's safe to post them here.  Paper Crafting Swappers is a group on Facebook where we trade cards each month in up to 4 categories.  You only have to make one of each and you get one of each in return.  This is my first month participating, but my mother has been involved for ages.

Our first category was a Thanksgiving or Thank You card.  I chose to do Thanksgiving because it's my favorite holiday. Not because of what created it, but what it's become... and opportunity for our nation to focus on what we have rather than what we don't.  It's a time for family and friends and gratitude.  I used the September Stamp of the month, Blessed Beyond Measure to create the pumpkin, leaves, and sentiments. Our Cricut Artbooking cartridge cuts out the pumpkin with leaves/stem and the different sized leaves. After I cut out and stamped the pumpkin and leaves I decided to "paint" with our wet brush and ink from the same stamp pads to deepen and spread the colors.   And, of course, I had to add a bit of sparkle with our shimmer trim and gold sequins.


 Second category was to create a Gift Card Holder.  I had seen a video on YouTube for this pop up version and decided this was the perfect time to experiment with the technique. I had some scraps left over from the Oh Deer! paper pack and wanted to see if I could make them work for this. By adding some Sea Glass and Fern card stock, along with some shimmer trim and gold card stock, I got it done! The gold star was cut using a thin cut die and I fussy-cut the card stock base around it.  The inside and outside sentiments were stamped in Chocolate ink and the inside was colored using our ShinHan touch twin markers.

Front with belly-band on

Front with belly-band removed
Inside

The third category for this swap was a Get Well or Breast Cancer Awareness card.  I tried to make a get well card that would apply to anything, but still kept the Breast Cancer Awareness at the forefront. I used the Adventure Fundamentals paper pack for all the patterned paper, some twine from the Adventure ribbon pack, and some pink enamel gems.  The sentiments are actually a peek at the December Stamp of the month, Thoughtful Flowers - but I thought they were perfect for this.

Front of card
Inside of card
The fourth and final category was Anything Goes.  I didn't send this exact card for this swap, but I forgot to take a picture before I mailed it out.  It was also a thank you card, so I figured a substitution wouldn't hurt here on the blog.  Made this using the Uptown Fundamentals paper pack, black shimmer trim, gold sequins, and some scraps of black card stock.  I love how it's so so so simple and quick to throw together, but it looks so upscale because of the gold-foiled vellum.



Thanks so much for reading this far! I hope you enjoyed the cards.  If so, please click "follow" on the right so you don't miss any of my posts in the future.  When I hit 10 followers, I plan on having a fun giveaway of Close To My Heart product.

Available Products:
Item # - Item Name (and link)
Z2012 - Gold Sequins

2 comments:

  1. wow i just loved these beautiful cards .very interestingly made and are so elegant

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me any thoughts, comments, questions or even complaints you may have. I am an open minded person, but if your comment is spam or intentionally hurtful it WILL be deleted.