Pinterest Button

10 October 2016

I love handmade tags!


I know that most people don't think they have time to make handmade tags for every gift they give at Christmas.  They buy big pages or rolls of unoriginal and uninspiring self-adhesive tags.  Nobody loves these tags and for those who spend the extra money for the fancier tags, I feel so bad for you.  I never realized how easy it could be to make my own handmade tags until I started making paper crafts with Close to My Heart two years ago.

There are so many options, from tags cut out using our Exclusive Cricut Cartridges, to stamping a sweet Christmas sentiment on a circle cut using one of our punches or another shape using our exclusive Thin Cuts designs.  If there's any interest, I will happily provide pictures of examples I've made previously.  There's one option that I love even more when I'm busy because I don't have to plan or cut ANYTHING.  Today's post is about another Cut Above kit that's available in the Holiday Expressions 2016 catalog (items available through December).

This Cut Above 'Tis the Season Tag Kit seemed to lack color and "umph" to me when I saw it online, but I ordered it anyway because I have faith in the designers over at CTMH headquarters.  This is not a traditional Christmas red and green tag with Santa or snowflakes.  This tag is so sophisticated and goes perfectly with the craft wrapping paper I picked up at the after Christmas sales last year!! (see pic above - bow handmade with CTMH City Sidewalks paper left over from when I made the Happy Holidays Cardmaking Kit)

 'Tis the Season Tag Kit contents

You choose one of the sentiments I mentioned in the the 'Tis the Season Card Kit  post (also listed below).  Just stamp using our Archival Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad and start assembly.  These tags take no time at all to put together.  After they were all assembled, I decided to add the "to:" and "from:" on the back using our Perfect Presents stamp set.  I loved the textures and sparkle of this kit! The polka dotted craft cardstock and the gold glitter and foil on the other layers was stunning! Because I'm a color fiend, I elected to add some Red Enamel Gems after everything else was done.  I was so happy with how they turned out, I've already ordered two more kits for myself.

All put together!

So PRETTY! 

Available Products:
Item # - Item Name (and link)
Y1003 - 2"x2" My Acrylix Block

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me any thoughts, comments, questions or even complaints you may have. I am an open minded person, but if your comment is spam or intentionally hurtful it WILL be deleted.